Saturday, April 25, 2009

Best Friend

    Best friends are life savers.  They are there when you need them, to support you, to believe in you.  Best friends will always be there for you, they stick with you through thick or thin.  It is great to have a best friend, mine is Mary Burns.  She is about the same age as me, and we are complete opposite in looks, but our minds think exactly alike.  She is my best friend for many reasons, we met a few years ago, we share everything, and I never want her to leave.
    First, Mary is my best friend for so many reasons. She understands how I think, she understands how I feel, and she knows how to make me feel better when I am sad.  We always have fun together, whether we are bike riding, or watching fourteen hours of Harry Potter all the way through.  Mary makes me laugh nonstop, sometimes until I cry. The most important reason why Mary is my best friend is because she cares about me.  She helps me when I get sick at her house, and she helps me with all my problems.  I know she will always be there to help me with whatever I need.
    Furthermore, Mary and I met in sixth grade.  Although we met in sixth grade, we did not become best friends until seventh grade.  I was sitting in Mr. Leibmann's seventh grade classroom when she walked through the door and said "Amy!" excitedly.  Since we only knew each other in that class we stayed together in whatever we did.  We have been best friends ever since then. 

    Next, Mary and I share everything.  We share clothes, garages, and even books.  We share clothes when we have sleepovers, I leave my bike in her garage, and I let her borrow my books when I think they are worth reading.  The most important thing we share is our feelings.  I know when she is mad at me, and she knows when I am mad at her.  That way, we know how to solve the problem, or just get over whatever argument we are in.  It is important to share feelings with your best friend, that is how you learn to understand them.

    In addition to sharing everything, I know I would never want to lose Mary.  If she passed away I am not sure if I would be able to move on with my life for years after her death.  If she ever moved away, I would either force her to stay with me, or I would visit her whenever I had the chance.  If I ever lost Mary as a friend after a big mistake I made, I do not think I would ever be able to forgive myself for messing up. I would try my hardest to put our friendship back together.  Mary is a very important part of my life, I would die if I lost her.

    Last of all, best friends are life savers.  They know what to do when something goes wrong.  My best friend, Mary, has and will forever be my best friend for a million reasons.  We became best friends in seventh grade, and we share everything that there is to be shared.  If I ever lost her, I would not be able to function right.  Everyone wants a best friend, I am glad I found mine.

1 comment:

  1. How can you watch Harry Potter for 14 hours? I can hardly take it for 14 minutes????

    Mary is lucky to have a friend like you. I hope you allowed her to read this. She would be touched.

    6 + 4 = 10 Grade: 97

    ReplyDelete